Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hold everything, I need to do an ornament!!

Hi, All!
 
I was going to have more done on the papier-mache faced Santa for you tonight,
 
then I realized that oh-my-goodness-it's-December-4th-
 
and-I-need-to-do-this-commissioned-ornament!
 
This is for a sweet lady in England ~ for her friends, actually ~ Ellie the Springer Spaniel's
 
humans. I've had Ellie's photos for quite some time, but as long as it was still November,
 
I thought I had LOTS of time...;^)
 
This is how I am.
 
Three years ago I did several ornaments for her to give to her kitty-friends
 
with their furbabies' portraits...
 
It's always a supreme compliment to have repeat customers!
~
Photobucket
~
I did a quick Sharpie-sketch of Ellie, then repeated it on the ornament using a small
 
liner brush and thinned acrylic. You wouldn't think it,
 
but getting the outline on a rounded surface is tricky!
~
Photobucket
~
Blocking in Ellie's main colors with acrylic...
~
Photobucket
~
Adding a little more white...I see my earlier white paint is taking on a pinkish cast!
 
I'll fix that with a little sealer if the next coat doesn't do the trick...
 
Check back tomorrow ~ hopefully Ellie will be finished!
 
Wednesday already...yikes, where is this month going??
 
Remember when it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r for Christmas to come??
 
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. You are too, too much! Amazing! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great and I am sure the nice lady in England will love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Christmas will be here before we know it, ready or not here it comes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to check back and see how she turns out! A great talent you are!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats amazing! I love the bauble and you are just so creative my dear!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww it is super wonderful :)
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so adorable and I am sure it will be very treasured! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne,
    that will become a cute Christmas ornament. I a curious how it will look finihed.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Plenty of time, yet... See?
    You still have time for another winner creation.
    Personal ornaments are so lovely and add your Art it will be a Treasure to... well, treasure.
    Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the same way - where are the days flying off to? She's looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Ellie is very cute. Great job on this beautiful one-of-kind ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a talent, Anne! I suspect you might work best under pressure.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne, I adore the ornament. So precious! I do remember when December took forever....I think that might have been when I was on more of the receiving end. I love to be the giver now, but time does fly away. I can't wait to see the pup finished and your Santa. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! You are SO talented! That is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see it all done. You sure are craft! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so clever. I am sure it will become a much treasured ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What is it about time flying as we get older!! Ha!
    Ok, that is so sweet...

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!